Friday, June 6, 2008

Generous You, Grateful Me

On my last Sunday worshiping with Good Shepherd (18 May), the congregation gave me a couple of gifts.

Before the services, Dale Skovgaard presented me a copy of the Hebrew Old Testament scriptures – specifically, the Biblia Hebraica (Stuttgartensia). On the recommendation of Dale’s son, Rev. Eric Skovgaard of Elm Grove Lutheran Church, the Men’s Fellowship secured a copy of the large print edition of the text for me. I certainly would not want to miss a jot or a tittle! Many, many thanks!

In addition, the congregation provided a generous financial gift to assist my family in addressing the expenses we are about to experience following this path. We are very humbled to be so provided for by our family in Christ!

It is difficult to comprehend the good gifts we have experienced in such abundance these past days and weeks. It seems we must confess as Peter after the abundant catch of fish: “Go away from me, Lord; I am a sinful man!” May Jesus’ reply be our comfort and the disciples response our own: “Jesus said, ‘Don't be afraid; from now on you will catch men.’ So they pulled their boats up on shore, left everything and followed him.” (Luke 5:8-11)

No comments: