Monday, August 11, 2008

Another One Bites the Dust!

The Hebrew Entry-level Competency Exam (ELCE) has come and gone: 75 of a possible 80 points!!! I have completed my pre-seminary preparations and can now begin pastoral formation studies in the fall "on schedule" (i.e. the schedule our family had set out for ourselves).

It has been a very enjoyable, but very challenging, summer wrestling this language to the ground. Although I am not "fluent" and must rely on a lexicon to carry out any translation work I do in the Hebrew scriptures, I now have a good foundation on which to build!

Praise be to God in heaven!

1 comment:

Jim said...

Nicely done, good sir! (How's that for a blast from the past?) I need to sit down and sift back through your archives and see where the seminary journey began. Many blessings in your studies.